Sunday, November 13, 2011

20 things about ME... day 4

My favorite color is BLUE. Good ol' fashioned blue. 8 colors in a pack... crayon blue. And I remember when it was that I decided this... I was just a little girl, living in Pomona, Ca. and my Nana (my grandma) came out from Phoenix, Arizona to see me. She took me to see 'Sleeping Beauty' at the movie theater. This was in the late '70's to early '80's and it had been re-released to the movie theaters, so off we went.
The only thing that I remember about that day was the big, huge scary Dragon spitting out green fire, and the Fairy Godmother's turning Princess Aurora's dress first to Pink, and then to Blue. By the end of the movie, when Sleeping Beauty is dancing with her prince and the Fairy's are turning her dress from one color to the other, I realized, then and there, I was in love with the color BLUE. I have loved it ever since... and whenever I watch it with my kids, I remember, with fondness, my Nana...

No comments: