Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dinner at MY house...

O.k., so a couple of weeks ago I decide to make some soup. I made a really good one too. It was beef and barley, with some potato's and carrots and a little bit of onions.  Well, that night Kiry asks what's for dinner. I tell her it's Beef and barley soup. She says "Yea!" She then tells Jesse what we are having and he asks if he can have something else.  UGGGHHH! I tell him "no". He goes and glumly sits on the couch and reads a book. 
So it's finally time for dinner, and I call all the children to come and sit at the table. Here's what goes down. Kiry eats all of her soup and asks for seconds. She gets seconds and then asks for thirds. I say 'no' to thirds.  Jesse chokes his down, (in the same amount of time that it takes Kiry to eat 2 bowls of soup) and asks to leave the table. He doesn't want any more.  Emmy, who realizes that we are having soup, won't even sit at the table. She doesn't eat the soup part that night but has at least 3 bites of the meat and is hungry the next morning. She eats all of her scrambled eggs in the morning.  As for Joey, he'll eat anything that tastes good. He ate all of his soup! He's a good baby boy! 
This is what I face on any given day that I make dinner. As my sister-in-law Amy said, "I'm not a short order cook, I'm your Mom. I'm not about to make 5 different things for dinner. You will eat what I make. It's your choice, and if you don't like/want it,  you at least have to try one bite." So goes my dilemma. What's for dinner in your house?

2 comments:

Amy (Church) Thulin said...

Wow that made me sound like I know what I am doing or something. lol Let's just say I have many nights of the kids saying "Fine then I won't eat anything" Except Mckenzie, she'll eat about anything. Hey maybe we sould have the kids pick and prepare one dinner a week. My mom use to do that.

Debbie Stout said...

I am going out to dinner!